Prep time:(plus 3-4 hours setting time)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This strawberry pannacotta is easy to make and a great summer dessert alternative.
- 30ml/1fl oz water
- 2tsp gelatine
- 425ml single cream
- ½ a vanilla pod or 1/4tsp vanilla essence
- 50g/2oz caster sugar
- 200g/8oz strawberries
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- 8 strawberries for decorating
- Put the water in a bowl and sprinkle over the gelatine.
- Put the cream and sugar into a saucepan, cut the vanilla pod in half and scrape out the seeds. Add to the saucepan and bring to the boil, stir in the gelatine and keep stirring until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Divide mixture between the 4 moulds, 125ml/ 4floz (ramekins or tea cups can be used). Put in the fridge to set for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Put the strawberries and sugar into a food processor, blend to smooth puree.
- Turn out the pannacotta onto a plate, slice the strawberries and arrange on top of the pannacotta. Spoon over the strawberry sauce.