Fizzy chocolate cubes
IngredientsFor the ice cream:
- 500ml carton chilled, ready-made vanilla custard
- 200g bar dark chocolate, melted
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 x 5g packets popping candy (we used strawberry flavoured Space Dust)
- 300g (10oz) dark chocolate, melted
- 1-2 ice-cube trays
- 20-24 lolly sticks
We bought our popping candy from A Bag of Sweets, in Sevenoaks, Kent. To order, call 01732 464396, or visit www.bagofsweets.com
- To make the ice cream: Warm the custard slightly, then stir in the melted chocolate and banana.
- Spoon the mixture into ice-cube trays. When the mixture is cold, place the trays in the freezer and leave to freeze until the mixture is almost solid, then insert a lolly stick into each cube and leave to set fully.
- When ice cream has set, and just before serving, stir the popping candy into the melted chocolate for coating.
- Remove ice-cube trays from the freezer and take out frozen cubes. If necessary, dip base of the ice-cube tray into hot water to help release cubes. Dip each cube into the melted chocolate and let excess drain off. Place them on a sheet of baking parchment until set (this will happen very
- quickly). Serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 131(kcal)
- Fat 6.5g
- Saturates 3.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.