Hairy Bikers' Algerian couscous
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Leftover chicken, soft couscous and lots of vegetables go into this cheap family Algerian recipe, created by the The Hairy Bikers' for the World Cup. It's great for packing into lunchboxes too
- 1 box/pkt of plain couscous
- 1 chicken cooked
- 2ltr of chicken stock
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 3 large carrots
- 1 swede
- 1 large onion
- 2 courgettes
- 2 turnips
For quick-cook couscous, add the couscous to a bowl and cover with boiling water. Seal the bowl with a plate and let it cook and soften for 5 minutes until fluffy.
- Cut vegetables into large chunks and cook in chicken stock for 15 mins.
- Add chicken and tomato sauce and simmer for a further 10 mins.
- Cook couscous according to instruction on package.
- Serve couscous on plates and cover with the chicken and vegetables.