Hairy Bikers' Bauernfruhstuck
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Bauernfruhstuck is a traditional German cooked breakfast of crispy bacon pieces, potatoes and scrambled egg. The Hairy Bikers created this recipe for the World Cup
- 6 slices bacon
- 1tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 potatoes, cooked and finely diced
- 6 eggs
- ½tbsp salt
- 60ml milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
Turn this recipe into a vegetarian breakfast, by swapping the bacon for peppers.
- Fry the bacon until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Remove the bacon fat from the frying pan, add the butter and sauté the onion until soft.
- Add the cooked potatoes and brown lightly.
- Beat the eggs lightly, add the salt, pepper, milk and the chopped bacon.
- Pour the egg mixture over the onions and potatoes and stir occasionally until cooked.