Hairy Bikers' baked Brie
Cooking time:(may need an extra 2 mins)
Skill level: Easy peasy
The Hairy Bikers' baked Brie recipe is an easy party starter or snack that everyone can share - just melt some mild and creamy Brie in the oven, sprinkle over some almonds and it's ready for dipping into with bread or crackers! You only need two ingredients to make this baked Brie recipe - butter and Brie. You can also add flaked almonds if you like for a bit of extra crunch and flavour. This is a speedy recipe that takes hardly any preparation at all which makes it really no-fuss and perfect if friends pop round unexpectedly. Make this baked Brie for a special occasion or simply to share with a loved one on a night in with a glass of wine. This recipe serves 4 people and will take around 15 mins to prepare and cook.
- 100g - 200g whole round of Brie cheese (with the edible white casing in tact)
- Butter for spreading
- Almonds, flaked (optional)
Quick microwave method for melting Brie:
Cut a cross in the top of the Brie. Put on a microwavable plate. Cook on high for 50 secs - 1 min. Peel back the top and serve.
- Heat oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
- Place cheese in an oven proof dish.
- Spread top with butter; cover with almonds (optional).
- Bake for 10-12 mins or until centre feels soft when you push down with a spoon.
- Serve warm with sliced French bread or crackers.