Hairy Bikers' dulce de leche
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Dulce de leche is a thick caramel sauce made from condensed milk. You can use it for the toffee in banoffee pies, Millionaire's shortbread or just on it's own on top of fresh fruit
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
Use dulce de leche in our popular banoffe pie recipe.
- Preheat oven to 220°C/gas mark 7.
- Pour the condensed milk into a 20cm round pie dish or square cake tin, and cover with foil.
- Place the pan in a shallow pan filled with 2.5cm of water. Bake for one hour.
- Allow to cool.
- Eat with fresh fruit or use as a cake filling.