Courgette and chicken pasta
Skill level: Easy peasy
Make the most of courgettes in the summer. Slice them into fine ribbons, toss them into a chicken pasta salad and sprinkle cheese on top.
- 400g chicken breast fillets
- ½ lemon
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 green baby courgettes
- 100g goat's cheese round
- 250g ribbon pasta
- Basil leaves
Top tip: You can grill the goat's cheese too. Just stick it under the grill for 2-3 mins and it will begin to melt in the middle - delicious.
- Poach the chicken breast fillets in water for 12 mins, drain and cool. When you are able to handle, tear the chicken into thin strips and place in a bowl.
- Juice the lemon, crush the garlic until fine and add to the chicken with 1tbsp olive oil and seasoning. Toss. Trim the ends off the courgettes and finely slice into ribbons with a mandolin or a vegetable peeler.
- Heat a pan of boiling water and cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Add the courgettes for the final 30 secs, drain and plunge into cold water to cool a little, drain again and toss in the remaining olive oil.
- Crumble in half the goat's cheese round, add the chicken mix and basil leaves and toss. Serve topped with the remaining goat’s cheese crumbled over and add a twist of pepper.