Cool green summer soup
- 30g butter
- 4 sticks celery, finely sliced
- 1 bunch (8) spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 cucumber
- 900ml vegetable stock
- 100g pack watercress
- 4tbsp crème fraîche
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
The best way to transport this is in a vacuum flask.
- Put the butter, celery and spring onion in a large pan. Cook over a medium heat for 5 mins.
- Quarter the cucumber, deseed, then chop it and add to the pan. Cook for another 5 mins, then pour in the stock and cook for 10-15 mins, until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the watercress and let it wilt for a few minutes.
- Put mixture into the liquidiser and blitz to a purée. Sieve it to make it smoother, if you prefer.
- Whisk in the crème fraîche and season well. Serve hot or cold, with celery tops.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 90(kcal)
- Fat 7.0g
- Saturates 4.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.