- 3 unwaxed lemons, ends trimmed
- 125g (4oz) granulated or caster sugar
- Sparkling or still water
- Ice cubes, lemon slices and sprigs of mint, optional
This will keep in the fridge for a few days.
- Cut the lemons into chunks, put them into a food processor with a third of the sugar and about 150ml (¼ pint) tap water to almost cover them. Process to a mush, then strain this, through a nylon sieve, into a jug.
- Put chopped lemon left in the sieve back into the processor, add another third of the sugar and the same amount of water. Repeat the process and combine with the first pressing. Taste, and add more sugar, if you need to.
- Decant into a bottle to take on a picnic, with a bottle of sparkling or still water, or pour into a jug, add ice cubes and mint leaves and lemon slices and top
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 45(kcal)
- Fat 0.0g
- Saturates 0.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.