Salmon ceviche with strawberry salad
- Juice of 1 lemon, 2 limes and 2 oranges
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- 500g (1lb) salmon fillet, in one piece, if possible
- 300g (10oz) fine green beans
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 18 small strawberries
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 1tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- Pinch of sugar
- Watercress, or pea tops, to garnish
If you can't get salmon fillet in one piece, buy a pack of 4 and cut each one into 3 slices.
- Mix the citrus fruit juices and chilli in a large, shallow bowl.
- Cut the salmon into 18 strips about 1cm (½in) wide. Lay the strips in the juices and coat them. Cover with cling film and chill for about four hours, to marinate.
- Add the beans to a pan of boiling water and cook for 2-3 mins, then drain and refresh under cold running water or iced water. Drain and dry the beans, and toss them in 1tbsp of the oil.
- Arrange the drained salmon strips on plates, then spoon on the beans and sliced strawberries. Whisk 3 tbsp of the chilli marinade with the rest of the oil. Add seasoning, chives, and the sugar to sweeten the dressing. Spoon over the salad. Garnish with a few leaves.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 234(kcal)
- Fat 17.0g
- Saturates 3.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.