Mediterranean potato and vegetable bake
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Feed a family of four for just £3.44 with our potato bake recipe. Short of time? Try swap the fresh veggies for 750g of frozen Mediterranean vegetables
- 800g salad or new potatoes, thickly sliced
- 500g mixed Mediterranean-style vegetables, e.g. aubergines, courgettes and peppers, roughly chopped
- 50g pine nuts
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp pesto
For a meaty alternative, thinly slice 400g pork or chicken breast and mix in with the vegetables and cook according to method.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC or gas mark 6.
- Place the potatoes, vegetables and pine nuts in a large roasting tin, add the oil and season. Bake for 20 mins until tender.
- Stir in the pesto and cook for a further 5 mins. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 352(kcal)
- Fat 18.6g
- Saturates 1.1g
- Sugars 5.6g
- Salt 0.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.