Rosť and red berry jellies
Prep time:(plus chilling until set)
Total time:(plus chilling until set)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Rosť and red berry jellies are summer in a glass! These grown-up jellies made with wine and juicy berries are a breeze to make, delicious and they're fat free too! They are the perfect way to finish off a barbecue, a picnic in the sun, or just as delicious enjoyed at home if the weather doesn't permit being outdoors! Make sure you've got something to distract the kids with, though, as they look super delicious but because of the rosť, they're an adults-only dessert!
- 350ml rosť wine
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 5 leaves gelatine
- 1tbsp elderflower cordial, optional
- About 600g fruit: 250g each strawberries and raspberries, plus 125g blueberries
If the gelatine doesnít dissolve, put the pan back on a low heat until it does.
- Bring about half the wine to a simmer in a small pan. Take off the heat, sprinkle in the sugar and whisk in the gelatine, one sheet at a time, until it dissolves.
- Pour into a large jug, and stir in the rest of the wine and elderflower cordial, if using. Cool.
- Pack the fruit into 6 glasses and pour in the cooled, almost-setting wine mixture. Chill for 2 hours, or until set.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 88(kcal)
- Fat 0.0g
- Saturates 0.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.