Berry, crab and cucumber ribbon salad
- 1 cucumber
- 8-12 small radishes
- About 90g (3oz) raspberries
- About 60g (2oz) blueberries
- 200g (7oz) crab meat
- Handful of fresh parsley leaves
- A little finely sliced radicchio, optional
- 2 tbs raspberry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 4 tps light olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Make the salad and serve it immediately, otherwise the cucumber ribbons will lose their bounce.
- To make the dressing: Whisk the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Cut the cucumber in half and use a swivel-headed vegetable peeler to shave ribbons off each half into a large bowl. Add thinly sliced radishes and the fruit, and toss gently with half the dressing. Arrange the salad on 4 or 6 plates.
- Spoon crab meat on top and garnish with parsley leaves and radicchio, if using. Drizzle the rest of the dressing over each portion.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 190(kcal)
- Fat 14.0g
- Saturates 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.