Cheddar tortilla lasagne
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This clever vegetarian lasagne only needs five ingredients and is quick and easy to make. Plus it counts as two portions to your five-a-day and tastes delicious too!
- 250g (9oz) mature Cheddar cheese
- 350g (12oz) fresh spinach
- 6 soft tortilla wraps
- 350g (12oz) jar tomato pasta sauce
- 6 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
Top tip: You could use homemade or ready-made pancakes instead of tortillas if you prefer.
Refrigerate any lasagne leftovers and eat within 2 days, or wrap and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (fan oven 170°C, gas mark 5).
- Grate the cheese onto a board and divide into six equal portions.
- Pack the spinach into a large saucepan and add a little water. Cover and cook for 3-4 mins until the leaves have wilted. Drain well, squeezing out the excess moisture. Cool for a few mins.
- Place one tortilla wrap on a greased baking sheet. Spread 2-3tbsp of pasta sauce over the surface, then arrange one third of the spinach on top, season, then sprinkle with one pile of grated cheese. Place a second tortilla on top, spread with pasta sauce and arrange sliced tomatoes over the surface, sprinkling them with more cheese. Repeat the layers until the ingredients are used up, topping the final tortilla with just grated cheese and tomato slices.
- Bake for 20-25 mins. Cool for 5 mins, then cut into slices. Serve with mixed salad leaves.