Lemon meringue cupcakes
IngredientsFor the cupcakes:
- 12 cupcakes made using basic cupcake mixture (omit the vanilla extract and adding finely zested rind of 1 lemon to the mixture)
For the filling:
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3-4 level tbsp lemon curd
- Woman Weekly's basic buttercream (but leave out the butter, which will give a plain meringue)
- Large piping bag fitted with 12mm (½in) plain piping tube
- As soon as the cakes come out of the oven, brush the tops with the lemon juice, then leave to cool on thewire rack.
- Spread a little lemon curd over the top of each cake
- Set the oven to gas mark 5 or 190°C.
- Fill the piping bag with the meringue mixture, and pipe spikes over the top of each cake
- Place them on a baking tray and cook in the oven for about 5-7 mins, or until the meringue is just starting to turn golden.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and leave to cool on wire rack.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 306(kcal)
- Fat 12.0g
- Saturates 7.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.