Florentine topped cupcakes
IngredientsFor the cupcakes:
- 12 cupcakes using Woman's Weekly's basic cupcake mixture (omitting the vanilla extract and reducing the amount of sugar to 100g (3½oz) and adding 2 tbsp honey)
For the florentine topping:
- 30g (1oz) butter
- 100g (3½oz) caster sugar
- 4 level tbsp honey
- 100g packet flaked almonds
- 100g (3½oz) glacé cherries, quartered
- 15g (½oz) angelica, chopped
If you can't find angelica, use extra glace cherries to an equivalent weight
- Make the cakes and, while they are baking, prepare the topping by melting the butter, sugar and honey together in a small pan, over a gentle heat. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- As soon as the cakes are baked, take them out of the oven and divide the topping between them. Return cakes to the oven and cook for a further 5-10 mins, or until the topping is a light-golden colour.
- Remove them from the oven and transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 350(kcal)
- Fat 19.0g
- Saturates 9.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.