Cinnamon, oat and sultana cookies
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These moreish cookies are chewy and moist. An excellent teatime snack, they only take 20 minutes to make!
- 85g spread softened, such as Pure
- 75g white sugar
- 85g light brown sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 2.5 ml vanilla essence
- 75g plain flour
- 1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 110g rolled oats
- 75g sultanas
These cookies make a great topping when crumbled over ice cream or custard
- Preheat oven to 190°C/Gas Mark 5
- In large bowl, cream together the spread, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth before beating in the egg and vanilla essence until fluffy. Fold together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and gradually beat into the spread mixture. Finally, stir in the oats and sultanas.
- Using a teaspoon, drop the mixture onto un-greased cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Wait 5 minutes before removing from sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.