Squidgy double-choc cookies
- 50g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 50g golden syrup
- 200g butter, at room temperature
- 225g light soft brown sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 325g plain flour
- 3/4tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tsp baking powder
- 200g mixed chocolates (white, milk and dark) chopped into 1.5cm chunks
- Heat oven to gas mark 4/180°C.
- Melt dark chocolate and syrup together in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Leave to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until pale.
- Add the melted chocolate mix, vanilla and eggs, and whisk. Sift in flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder and mix thoroughly. Fold in half the chocolate chunks. Chill for 2-3 hours or longer to firm up.
- Scoop the mixture into balls with a spoon and press out on lined baking trays (leave about 4cms between each). Bake for 10-12 mins, then remove from the oven and press the remaining chocolate chunks gently into each cookie.
- Return to the oven for 2 mins. Cool on trays for a few mins, before transferring to a cooling rack.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 231(kcal)
- Fat 12.0g
- Saturates 7.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.