- 175g butter
- 60g icing sugar
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- 125g plain flour
- 60g cornflour
- 2tbsp apricot jam
- 90g plain chocolate
- Piping bag fitted with 1cm fluted nozzle
- Baking sheet, lined with Bakewell paper
After covering the ends in chocolate, you could also dip them in finely chopped pistachios.
- Cream the butter and icing sugar with the orange rind until light and fluffy.
- Sift in the flour and cornflour and beat well.
- Set the oven to gas mark 4 or 180°C. Put the mixture in the piping bag and pipe 24 fingers, 7.5cm long.
- Bake for 15 mins. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Sandwich the fingers into pairs with jam.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Dip both ends of fingers in chocolate and put on Bakewell paper to set.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 226(kcal)
- Fat 14.0g
- Saturates 9.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.