Pasta salad with tuna and peppers
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Simple and nutritious, this pasta salad is packed with chunky tuna, diced peppers, spring onions and fennel shavings in a creamy mustard dressing
- 225g/8oz pasta shells
- 1 x 185g tin of tuna, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 each red and yellow peppers, seeded and diced small
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced (reserve fronds)
- 2tsp Dijon mustard
- 5tbsp créme fraîche
- A good squeeze lemon juice
- Fennel fronds for decoration
Use pasta shells so the vegetables and tuna pieces can nestle inside
- Cook pasta shells in plenty of boiling salted water until just tender. Drain and refresh in cold water.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add the pepper dice, spring onions, tuna chunks and fennel shavings.
- For the dressing, spoon the mustard into a bowl and add the crème fraîche, lemon juice and seasoning. Mix well, then pour over the pasta and toss well to coat. Serve decorated with fennel fronds.