Ham and Tewkesbury butter sandwiches
- 100g (3½oz) butter, softened
- 2tbsp coarse-grain mustard
- 1tbsp hot horseradish
- 6 slices brown bread
- 175g (6oz) wafer-thin ham
- 1 punnet salad cress
Cookery Editor, Sue McMahon, suggests that you use horseradish sauce if you don’t have hot horseradish but add a little more to get the required depth of flavour.
- Beat together the butter, mustard and horseradish.
- Spread over the bread. Fill with ham, add cress, and sandwich together.
- Cut off crusts and cut sandwiches into quarters.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 128(kcal)
- Fat 8.0g
- Saturates 4.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.