Courgette loaf cake
- 175g (6oz) self-raising flour
- 125g (4oz) butter
- 125g (4oz) caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 medium courgettes (about 250g/8oz), coarsely grated
- 50g (1¾ oz) walnuts, chopped
- 1kg (2lb) loaf tin, buttered and lined with a strip of baking parchment
Freezing tips: Wrap in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 1 month. Allow to defrost overnight in a cool place before serving.
- Set the oven to warm 160ºC (325ºF or gas mark 3).
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the butter, sugar and eggs and beat until smooth. Fold in the courgettes and walnuts. Spoon mixture into the prepared loaf tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 1½ - 2 hrs, or until a skewer comes out clean after being inserted into the cake.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 270(kcal)
- Fat 16.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.