Prep time:(not including chilling time)
Cooking time:(may need an extra 2 mins)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These simple chocolate fondant desserts with melting molten middles are perfect for impressing friends at a dinner party and easy enough to justifying making for a night in on the sofa! This indulgent chocolate fondant recipe makes the perfect no stress dinner party dessert. The hot melting middle makes these chocolate fondant treats well worth the calories, and not too time-consuming to prepare either. Prepare the fondant in just 20 minutes the night before your meal and then they just need 6 minutes in the oven to reheat. We recommend serving them in decorative ramekins dusted with icing sugar for a grown up treat. Or this recipe can work as a chocolate fondant mug cake – you can even add liquor, we recommend rum, to the melted chocolate. But we’re not going to force you to share them, as they are too good to not have as a midweek guilty indulgence!
- 100g dark chocolate
- 10g cocoa
- 100g butter
- 2 eggs
- 70g caster sugar
- 50g flour
- ½tsp baking powder
Don't bother melting chocolate over a pan of simmering water. Just break it up and put it in the microwave on a low or defrost setting for a few minutes, stirring halfway through.Gordon Ramsay, celebrity chef
- Lightly butter 6 ramekins.
- Fill a larger saucepan half full with water, then place a small saucepan with the chocolate inside into the pan with water. Heat gently on the stove top. When the chocolate melts, add butter then remove from the heat and mix well together.
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar. Once the mixture is pale, creamy and fluffy, fold into the chocolate. Add the flour, cocoa and baking powder and continue to fold until nice and even.
- Divide the mixture between the 6 ramekins and chill for around an hour. About 45 mins into their chilling time, preheat the oven to 210ºC.
- Cook for 6-8 mins until the tops resemble biscuits and are just beginning to crack.
- Serve warm in the ramekins. Delicious with strawberries and fresh lightly whipped double cream.