- 150g (5oz) butter
- 400g (14oz) cooked prawns, defrosted if frozen
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 4-6 sprigs of dill, for garnish
- Melba toast or crispbreads, to serve
- 4-6 small pots or dishes
If this recipe is prepared more than a day in advance, make sure the prawns are completely covered with butter to stop them drying out - so add a little more butter, if necessary
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the prawns and cook over a gentle heat for 3-4 mins, or until the prawns are hot.
- Stir in the lemon zest, cayenne pepper nutmeg and seasoning. Divide prawns between the pots or dishes and pour the butter over the top.
- Leave the mixture to cool so that the butter sets.
- Once cold, the prawns may be refrigerated for up to 2 days, but remove the pots/dishes from the fridge about 10-15 mins before serving, to allow them to warm slightly.
- Garnish each pot/dish with a sprig of dill and serve with Melba toast or crispbreads.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 253(kcal)
- Fat 21.0g
- Saturates 6.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.