Tony Ferguson Notatoes
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
You'll love this healthier and lower carb alternative to mashed potato. It's a creamy and cheesy cauliflower mash, with no potatoes in sight, from the Tony Ferguson Cook Book
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 75g light cream cheese (an alternative option is using low-fat ricotta cheese)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chives, chopped
If the mixture is too thick, try adding a small amount of low-salt stock while blending.
- Steam cauliflower until tender.
- Place in a blender or food processor with the cream cheese, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Process until smooth.
- Garnish with chopped chives and cracked pepper.
This recipe is from the Tony Ferguson Cook Book, available in most Boots stores, priced £9.99.
The Tony Ferguson Weightloss Programme is based on a low GI, low calorie diet.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 55(kcal)
- Fat 1.5g
- Saturates 1.0g
- Salt 0.6g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.