Mary Berry's almond fruity buns
Skill level: Easy peasy
Almond, dried apricot and sultana fairy cakes from baking guru Mary Berry, are perfect additions to any afternoon tea spread and bake in just 20 minutes
IngredientsFor the almond fruity buns:
- 1½ large eggs
- 87.5g (3oz) self-raising flour
- 87.5g (3oz)caster sugar
- 87.5g (3oz) softened butter
- 3/4 level tsp baking powder
- 50g (2oz) sultanas
- 50g (2oz) dried apricots, snipped into small pieces
- 25g (1oz) ground almonds
- A flew flaked almonds, for the topping
You'll also need:
- 12-hole bun tin, lined with paper cases
The almond buns will keep for 3 days and will freeze well for up to 2 months, but uniced.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas mark 4.
- Beat together the eggs, flour, caster sugar, butter and baking powder until smooth, in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sultanas, apricots and ground almonds to the cake mix and stir until well mixed.
- Turn into the prepared paper cases and sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 mins, or until golden brown and springy to the touch.
This recipe is part of Mary Berry's three cakes in one recipe, taken from Mary Berry's Stress-free Kitchen.
Users of Good to Know can order a copy of Mary Berry's Stress-Free Kitchen by Mary Berry, RRP £20.00, at the special discounted price of £17.00 (including p&p).
To order a copy please call on 0870 755 2122 quoting the reference code BSH664 or order online at pressoffers.co.uk. Please allow 28 days for delivery, offer subject to availability.