Bolognese stuffed peppers with cheese
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
You only need four ingredients to make these tasty stuffed peppers, including a jar of Bolognese sauce. Then it just needs about 5 minutes in the oven until the cheese has melted and it's on the table in a flash!
- 1 jar Bolognese sauce Or make your own Bolognese with our easy recipe
- 25g ground beef
- 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 green pepper
- 100g grated cheese of choice
If you'd like your peppers to become softer, bake the stuffed peppers without the cheese for 10 minutes, then top with the cheese and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- Heat oil in a pan and add the beef. Fry until brown and pour in the jar of the Bolognese sauce.
- Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered on very low heat for 20 mins to reduce the sauce to a thick consistency. Cool to room temperature.
- Slice the peppers in half (lengthwise) with the stalks. Remove the seeds and pith.
- Stuff the peppers tightly with the Bolognese and sprinkle some cheese on top
- Place the peppers in the oven and bake until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with a side of salad and crusty bread.