One-pot pork chops
- 4 pork chops, bone in
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2tbsp fresh chopped thyme leaves
- 600g waxy potatoes (eg Charlotte), sliced 1cm thick
- 2 red onions, sliced thickly
- 2 bulbs fennel, sliced (fronds reserved and chopped
- 2 peppers, sliced200g portobello or medium-sized mushrooms, halved
- 1tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
For a side dish, toss a 100g bag of watercress with a thinly sliced green apple and 50g chopped walnuts. Serve drizzled with a creamy dressing.
- Marinate the pork chops in 2tbsp of the oil, the vinegar and thyme and set aside.
- Heat the oven to Mark 7/ 220°C. Arrange the potatoes in a shallow roasting tin with the onion, fennel and peppers and coat with the remaining olive oil. Season, then add the pork chops.
- Cook for 15 mins, turn the heat down to Mark 5/ 190°C and turn the chops and toss the veg about a bit, then continue cooking for 25 mins.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 10 mins. Scatter over the parsley and fennel fronds and serve with a crunchy salad (see tip, top left).
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 464(kcal)
- Fat 18.0g
- Saturates 4.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.