Aubergine, courgette and pepper lasagne
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium aubergine, cut in cubes
- 2 courgettes, halved lengthways and sliced about 1cm thick
- 3 mixed peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2x400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 250ml dry white wine
- 2tsp dried oregano
- 1tsp sugar
- 100g sun-blush tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 250g pack Merchant Gourmet ready to eat Beluga Lentils
- small bunch basil, chopped
- 100ml milk
- 2tsp cornflour
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 100ml single cream
- 50g Parmesan, finely grated, optional (not suitable for vegetarians)
- 300g pack fresh lasagne
- 2x250g balls reduced-fat mozzarella, torn
Make ahead and reheat – the flavours taste even better after they’ve got to know each other a bit!
- Heat oven to Mark 7/220°C. Drizzle the onions, aubergine, courgettes and peppers with oil, season and roast for 20-25 mins, stirring once, until golden.
- Reduce oven to Mark 6/200°C.Simmer chopped tomatoes, wine, oregano, sugar and sun-blush tomatoes for 15 mins, add the lentils, roasted veg and basil. In a bowl, mix the milk and cornflour, then whisk in mascarpone, cream and Parmesan; season well.
- Spoon a third of the veg sauce into a 2.5-litre ovenproof dish, top with a layer of lasagne, add a third more veg sauce, half the mascarpone mix, more lasagne, the remaining sauce, lasagne, then remaining mascarpone mix. Scatter over mozzarella, and bake for 35-40 mins.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 755(kcal)
- Fat 40.0g
- Saturates 16.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.