Victoria's raspberry cupcakes
Prep time:(including decorating time)
Skill level: Bit of effort
Another baking success from our lovely user Victoria! These raspberry cupcakes with raspberry buttercream icing look delicious and we bet they taste as good as they look
IngredientsFor the raspberry cupcakes:
- 110g of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 180g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 120g self-raising flour sifted
- 120g plain flour
- 5g of corn flour
- 125ml of semi skimmed milk at room temperature
- 1tsp of vanilla extract
- 3tbsp of seedless raspberry jam
- 384g icing sugar
- 128g unsalted butter
- 1tbsp of seedless raspberry jam
- Fresh raspberries and sprinkles to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC (fan) /350ºF/gas mark 4. Line the tray with cupcake cases.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar until pale and smooth. This would normally take 5 mins using an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing for a few mins after each.
- Combine all the flours and sift into a large bowl. Put the milk in a jug and add the vanilla extract to it. Add one third of the flour to the creamed mixture and beat well. Pour in one third of the milk and beat again. Repeat this until all the flour and milk have been added.
- Gently fold in the jam. Ideally streaking rather combining.
- Carefully spoon the mixture into the cases, filling them to about 2 thirds full. Bake for 25 mins until golden and raised.
- Leave in the tins to cool for 10 mins before placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the raspberry butter cream: cream the butter and a third of the icing sugar until smooth and repeat until all the icing sugar has been combined. Add the raspberry jam and mix again for 3-5 mins until light and fluffy.
- Pipe or pallet knife the icing onto the cooled cupcake. Add the sprinkles and top with a fresh raspberry.