Phil Vickery's banoffee sundae with caramel
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Phil says: 'You probably thought that itís not possible to improve on the original recipe for banoffee pie but I beg to differ - hereís a divine sundae idea with pecans for added crunch!'
- 25g (1oz) pecan nuts
- 2 oaty biscuits or nutty shortbread
- 2 small bananas
- 3tbsp whipping cream
- 3tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1tsp almond liqueur or rum (optional)
- 6tbsp Carnation Squeezy Caramel
- 2 balls light ice cream
If you want to make these in advance they will keep perfectly for about an hour before you need them in the freezer. Try different nuts or a mixture Ė almonds and hazelnuts work well in this recipe too
- Place 2 sundae glasses into the freezer.
- Tip the pecan nuts into a dry pan and toast over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Cool and then roughly chop.
- Crumble the biscuits in a small bowl.
- Chop the bananas into chunks.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks then stir in the yogurt and liqueur if using.
- Drizzle half the caramel around the insides of the glasses. Tumble in some of the biscuits and nuts, a few slices of banana and top with the ice cream. Add the remaining caramel, nuts, biscuits and banana and finish with a blob of the creamy mixture.