Mexican steak fajitas
- 500g lean rump steak, sliced into 1cm thick strips
- 2 peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 ripe avocados
- 150g pot soured cream, to serve
- Small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- ½tsp each chilli powder, dried thyme and ground cumin
- 1tsp each ground coriander and sweet paprika
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100g mild Peppadew peppers, drained
- 326g pack flour tortillas, warmed, to serve
- 150g medium Cheddar, grated, to serve
Use 4-5 tsp Cajun spice instead of individual spices to save time.
- In a bowl, mix the steak with the spices and leave to marinate for 10 mins, or longer if you have time.
- Heat 1tbsp of oil in a large pan or wok and fry the steak until browned all over; set aside. Add the remaining oil and cook peppers and onions for a few mins.
- Return steak to the pan with the tomatoes and cook for 4-5 mins.
- For the guacamole: peel the avocados and mash in a bowl with lime zest and juice and garlic. Finely chop the peppers, stir into the avocado and season.
- Spoon the filling into each tortilla and add a dollop of guacamole and soured cream. Sprinkle over a little cheese, roll up and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 854(kcal)
- Fat 47.0g
- Saturates 19.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.