Mini raspberry and almond muffins
- 3 medium free-range eggs
- 125g corn oil
- 200ml semi-skimmed milk
- Few drops almond extract
- 300g self-raising flour
- 3/4tsp baking powder
- 100g caster sugar
- 200g fresh raspberries
- 40g whole natural almonds, roughly chopped
Oven temperatures do vary, so cooking times in recipes are always approximate. Fan ovens are hotter, so make sure you adjust your oven to 10-20 degrees lower than stated (check your manufacturerís guide). Make sure you leave time to pre-heat the oven before baking. Invest in an oven thermometer, you might be surprised what the temp really is! Never look into the oven too early - only after three-quarters of the cooking time is it safe.
- Heat the oven to 180įC/gas mark 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- Whisk the eggs with the corn oil, milk and almond extract until thoroughly combined.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl, add the caster sugar and mix well. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture.
- Mix the batter briefly, but donít over mix it as itís meant to be lumpy.
- Add the raspberries (reserving a handful) and mix briefly.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases. Sprinkle the almonds and reserved raspberries over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 mins until risen, golden and springy to the touch.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 238(kcal)
- Fat 12.0g
- Saturates 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.