Phil Vickery's lemon posset
Prep time:(plus 1 hour chilling time)
Total time:(plus 1 hour chilling time
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
'This is one of our easiest recipes… only 3 ingredients! Try this delightfully zesty lemon creamy dessert and we think you'll agree it's so much better than a shop-bought dessert!' - Phil Vickery
- 397g can Carnation Condensed Milk
- 150ml carton double cream
- Finely grated zest and juice of 4 large unwaxed lemons (about 150ml)
- 1tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 1tsp granulated sugar
- squeeze of lemon juice
Serve this with fresh raspberries and a crisp shortbread biscuit.
- Whisk the condensed milk and cream together until thick and very light; 4 or 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and zest and whip for a few seconds only as the mixture will thicken very quickly.
- Spoon the lemon cream into ramekins, or a large trifle bowl and then chill for at least an hour, or overnight.
- To serve, muddle the mint leaves with the sugar and lemon juice and sprinkle a little onto the lemon cream.