Hash 'n' eggs
- 2 medium potatoes, about 400g (14oz), unpeeled and cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely sliced
- ½ a can (175g/6oz) corned beef
- A few shakes of Tabasco sauce
- 2 medium eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
This is a great recipe for using up leftover potatoes. Make it with canned fish instead of corned beef for a change.
- Cook the potato wedges in boiling water for 12-15 mins, until just tender. Drain well, then leave to steam-dry.
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan, add the onion and fry for 5 mins, until golden.
- Cut the potatoes into smaller chunks, add to the pan with the onion and fry, without stirring too much, until crispy on the edges and underneath. Add the corned beef, crumbled into rough chunks, and the Tabasco. Stir in for a couple of mins.
- Make two dips in the hash and crack an egg into each one. Put a lid on the pan and cook until the egg is just set. Season and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 480(kcal)
- Fat 22.0g
- Saturates 7.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.