Pea and ham pasta
- 150g (5oz) dried pasta bows
- 100g (3½oz) frozen peas
- 100g (3½oz) smoked bacon bits
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Freshly ground black pepper
- About 30g (1oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
Use leftover ham chunks, or a can of tuna or pilchards, for this quick dish.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 8 mins (or according to pack instructions),until tender. Add the peas to cook for the last min. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon to release its fat. Cook until crispy, then add the garlic and spring onions, and cook for a further min.
- Mix the bacon mixture and juices with the pasta and peas, drizzle with oil and season with black pepper. Serve with grated Cheddar.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 555(kcal)
- Fat 25.0g
- Saturates 9.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.