Ed Baines' chocolate and blackberry slice
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
The blackberries in this chocolate slice make a fantastic gooey centre. A great way to use up any blackberries you might have!
- 300g Cadbury's Bourneville
- 225g unsalted butter
- 200g Cadbury's Dairy Milk, chopped
- 175g blackberries
- 50g hazel nuts
- 75g self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 225g light muscavado sugar
- Clotted cream
- Icing sugar
- Fresh mint
Serve with the clotted cream, blackberries topped with mint and a dusting of icing sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 190C, melt the dark chocolate in a bain marie and stir in the butter until melted.
- Remove from the heat.
- Mix the flour with the Dairy Milk and walnuts, in a separate bowl beat the eggs and sugar.
- Pour the melted chocolate and butter into the egg mixture, beat together and stir in the flour, Dairy Milk, blackberris and walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased and lined baking tin and bake in the oven for 40mins.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 1 hour. Cut into squares.