- Preheat the oven to 170C/ fan oven 150C / 325F / Gas mark 3
- Line muffin trays with 18 Cupcake papers
- Place all the cupcake ingredients into a mixing bowl. Beat together, preferably with an electric mixer until the mixture is pale and fluffy.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake papers and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for five minutes in the tin, before cooling completely on a wire rack. Once cold, you can start getting scary with these different designs.
Bring the apricot jam to simmer in a small pan. Using a pastry brush, brush the exposed cake with the jam.
Take a walnut-sized piece of ready rolled white icing and add a few drops of natural black food colouring. Mix and knead until you get a marbled effect. Flatten slightly and place over the top of the cup cake.Top with chocolate letters.Devil Cake
Knead a tube of red designer icing fitted with the rosette nozzle. Pipe the icing in a swirl onto the cake. Top with the ready rolled white icing coloured with the natural black food colour, shaped into horns. Spiders Web
Pipe the cake with black designer icing and smooth with a slightly damp knife. Using a tube of white writing icing starting at the centre of the cake, ice circles of white icing (do not worry if they are wobbly!). Using a cocktail stick, draw through the icing from the centre to the edge of the cake. Continue round the cake. Once you have finished, you
will have a spiders web design. Monster
Pipe the cake with green designer icing and smooth with a slightly damp knife. Take a piece of the ready rolled white icing coloured black with the natural black food colour, flattened and cut into eyes and hair. Finish decorating by drawing on a mouth with the red writing icing.Eyeball
Pipe the cake with white designer icing and smooth with a slightly damp knife. Draw veins with the red writing icing and top with either an edible or plastic eyeball shape. Ghost
Bring the apricot jam to the boil in a small pan and using a pastry brush, brush the cake all over with the jam. Place a small ball of ready rolled white icing on top of the cup cake. Cut ready rolled white icing into a square measuring about 10cm and lay over the cake on top of the ball. Finish decorating by drawing on eyes and mouth with black