Cinnamon apple and pear crumble cake
Skill level: Bit of effort
Give your traditional crumble a twist by adding cinnamon and pear in this cake recipe. Serve with lashings of custard for a delicious winter dessert
IngredientsFor the cake:
- ½ x 385g can sliced apples, drained
- ½ x 410g can pear quarters, drained
- 180g caster sugar
- 180g butter
- 150g self raising flour
- 50g ground almonds
- 3 eggs
- 1-2 tbsp milk
For the crumble:
- 60g caster sugar
- 90g butter
- 120g self raising flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 x 425g can custard
- Preheat the oven 180C/ 350F/Gas4.
- Grease and line the base of a 23cm round, deep cake tin.
- Cut the apples and pears into slices and toss with ½ the cinnamon and set aside.
- Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the remaining cinnamon and sugar; mix well and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale.
- Add the remaining ingredients and beat until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin, place fruit slices on the top and sprinkle with the crumble mixture.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes in the middle of the oven until firm and golden.
- Cool in the tin before transferring to a wire rack.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 413(kcal)
- Fat 23.8g
- Saturates 12.5g
- Sugars 28.6g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.