Garlic mushrooms on toast
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
A simple yet tasty dish. This creamy snack takes only 15 minutes to make and is perfect lunchtime treat for the whole family
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 25g butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- sliced 250g small Portobello mushroom
- sliced 100ml clotted cream
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 slice of ciabatta bread
The garlic mushrooms would also make a great topping for steak or chicken
- Heat half the oil and butter in a shallow pan over a low heat. Add the garlic and cook gently for 1-2 minutes without colouring.
- Add the mushroom slices and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream and parsley to the pan and bring to a simmer. Heat a griddle pan until smoking. Drizzle the ciabatta with remaining oil and place on the griddle for 30 seconds to a minute until charred. Turn over and repeat.
- To serve, place the toasted ciabatta bread on a plate and top with the creamy mushrooms. Garnish with chopped parsley.