Brie and sage stuffed chicken
Skill level: Bit of effort
Try something different with chicken. This stuffed chicken recipe has delicious brie, sage and prosciutto for the perfect dinner on any night of the week
- 6 butterflied chicken breasts, fillets removed
- 150g chilled Brie
- 5 large, fresh sage leaves
- 6 slices prosciutto or ham
- 125ml tomato ketchup
- 3tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1tbsp each maple syrup and Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Serve with wild rice, steamed vegetables or salad for a healthy meal
- To make this chicken breast recipe, cut the cheese into 6 equal portions and wrap with a slice of ham. Place each cheese bundle on one side of a butterflied chicken breast. Fold the chicken over to enclose the filling and secure with cocktail sticks.
- Chop the sage. Stir the tomato ketchup with the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, garlic and chopped sage until combined. Divide the glaze in half. Brush one portion over the chicken.
- Place the chicken under the grill for 6 minutes. Turn and baste with the remaining sauce. Grill for an additional 10 minutes or until the juices run clear. Remove cocktail sticks and slice meat thickly and fan to serve.