- 4 mackerel fillets, checked for bones
- 2 level tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 level tsp hot horseradish or horseradish sauce
- 4 tbsp rolled oats
- About 30g (1oz) butter
- Lemon halves
- Salad leaves, watercress or green beans
If you sprinkle a tiny amount of curry powder into the bottom of the frying pan when frying fish, it will help keep your kitchen smelling fresh and give the fish a lovely colour and flavour
- Put the mackerel fillets, skin-side down, on a plate. Mix the mustard and horseradish and spread over the fish, and then press oats on top.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and, when foaming, add the fish, oat-side down, and cook for a couple of mins. Turn them over and cook for another min. Serve with lemon, and leaves or beans.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 567(kcal)
- Fat 40.0g
- Saturates 13.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.