Ally Jones' bumble bee honeycomb cupcakes
Ally says she always doubles the mixture to make 24 cupcakes, as they are always hugely popular
- 100g soft margarine
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 500g low fat soft cream cheese
- 300g icing sugar
- Few drops vanilla essence
- 3 Crunchie bars
- Sugar Bee decorations (available from Squires Kitchen)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Place 12 cupcake cases into a muffin tin. Put the margarine, sugar, eggs, flour and baking powder into a large bowl & mix with an electric whisk for 2-3 mins until smooth.
- Half fill the cupcake cases with the mixture. Bake for 13-18 mins until the cakes spring back when touched. Take out of the tin & cool on a wire rack.
- Beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla essence using an electric whisk till smooth.
- Spread/pipe onto the cupcakes & then have fun decorating.
- Chop the Crunchie bars into chunks about 1cm thick & arrange on the top with a sugar bee amongst the honeycomb.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.