Beef steak with Stilton sauce
Cooking time:on each side (medium)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Steak and blue cheese sauce is always a popular meal. Add a touch of cream cheese to the sauce with this recipe for an extra flavour boost. Follow along with Aaron Craze in our step-by-step video
If you would rather use fillet steak, increase the cooking time by 1-2 minutes on each side
- 2 lean sirloin or rump steaks
- 15ml/1tbsp oil
- Ĺ red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 50g/2oz Stilton cheese
- 30ml/2tbsp soft cream cheese
- 15ml/1tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- 5ml/1tsp English mustard
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the steaks with the onion according to your preference - rare: 2Ĺ minutes on each side, medium: 4 minutes on each side, well done: 6 minutes on each side.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the Stilton cheese, soft cream cheese, milk and mustard. Heat gently for 1 minute.
- Serve the sauce poured over the steaks with the red onion, new potatoes and asparagus.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.