Cheesy squash gratin
- 500g (1lb) potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 red onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 60g (2oz) butter, diced
- 500g (1lb) squash, peeled, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 150g (5oz) raclette cheese slices
- 200ml (7fl oz) hot vegetable stock
- 2 tbss chopped fresh parsley
- 1.25 litre (2 pint)
If you can’t find raclette slices, use Emmental or Gruyère cheese instead.
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 4 or 180°C. Arrange a layer of potatoes in the dish, season and top with a few slices of red onion and knobs of butter.
- Cover with a layer of squash slices, season, sprinkle with some garlic and repeat the potato layer.
- Top with a layer of squash, interleaved with the raclette cheese and finished with the onion and butter.
- Pour over the vegetable stock. Cover and bake for 1 hour, uncover and cook for 30 mins or more, until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden. Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 433(kcal)
- Fat 26.0g
- Saturates 16.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.