Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Try this delicious chicken and pasta dish any night of the week. If you're not keen on tomatoes, you can replace them with sliced courgettes or green beans.
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 200g can creamed mushrooms
- 150g penne
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1tbsp oil
- 1tbsp milk
- 1tbsp parsley, chopped
- Green salad
If you're thinking of freezing some for later, do this before adding the fresh tomatoes and penne and defrost in the fridge before reheating. You'll find tinned mushrooms in most supermarkets in the tinned vegetable aisle.
- Place penne in a large pan of boiling water and cook for 10 mins, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a wok or deep sided frying pan, heat oil and stir-fry chicken for 5 mins.
- Stir in creamed mushrooms and milk, heat through for 2 mins.
- Gently stir in tomatoes and heat through for a further 2 mins.
- Drain penne and stir into mushroom sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with a green salad.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 557(kcal)
- Fat 16.2g
- Saturates 3.3g
- Sugars 4.3g
- Salt 0.3g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.