Tagliatelle with pumpkin
- 2 tbps extra virgin olive oil
- 10 sage leaves
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 75g (2½oz) pancetta chunks
- 200g (7oz) grated pumpkin flesh
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g (5oz) dried tagliatelle
- 30g (1oz) freshly grated Parmesan
Grate the pumpkin (or squash) with the coarse side of the grater.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the sage leaves and fry for 30 seconds, then remove and reserve on kitchen paper. Add the onion, and cook over a low heat for 5 mins until softened but not browned.
- Add the pancetta and cook for 5 mins until it’s golden brown.
- Stir in the pumpkin and add 400ml (14fl oz) water. Cover and simmer for 30 mins until the mixture is reduced to a thick sauce.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the tagliatelle and cook for 10 mins until tender.
- Drain the tagliatelle, add to the pumpkin sauce, and season well. Add the Parmesan and 4 crumbled sage leaves. Serve in 2 bowls and garnish with the remaining sage leaves.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 731(kcal)
- Fat 27.0g
- Saturates 8.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.