Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
A gorgeous green healthy soup that's full of nutritious vegetables, which the kids might not usually like to eat - just donít tell them whatís in it!
- 2 leeks, washed and sliced
- 250g broccoli, broken into florets
- 250g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 600ml (1 pint) vegetable or chicken stock
- 100g spinach, washed
- 300ml (Ĺ pint) semi-skimmed milk
- Ground black pepper
Top tip: You can use vegetable or chicken stock cubes, or concentrated stock from a jar, following the instructions to make up the correct strength for 600ml (1 pint) of water. Cover, cool and refrigerate the soup, using it within 3 days of making and re-heat thoroughly before serving.
- Put the leeks, broccoli and potatoes into a large saucepan and add the stock.
- Heat until just boiling, then turn the heat down. Cook over a lowheat with the lid on for 15-20 mins or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the spinach and cook gently for another 2-3 mins, until the leaves wilt down.
- Blend the soup to a puree using a hand-held stick blender, ortransfer it to a food processor or blender and whizz until smooth. Add the milk and reheat gently, seasoning with ground black pepper. Serve.
Complete the How Are The Kids? questionnaire online and get your FREE Action Plan full of handy hints to get the kids fighting fit and full of good stuff.
Find out how Change4Life can benefit your family
More Change4Life healthy recipes
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 127(kcal)
- Fat 3.0g
- Saturates 1.0g
- Sugars 7.0g
- Salt 0.2g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.