Sue Leach's dairy- free chocolate cake
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
goodtoknow user Sue made this delicious dairy-free chocolate treat, substituting the milk and margarine. Sue says: 'It was so good that nobody could tell it was free from dairy!'
- 200g (7oz) self-raising flour
- 225g (8oz) caster sugar
- 25g (1oz) cocoa powder
- 1tbsp ground almond
- 100g (4oz) dairy-free margarine
- 2 eggs
- 75ml dairy-free milk
- ½tsp vanilla essence
Milk chocolate topping:
- 60g dairy-free Margarine
- 1tbsp cocoa
- 250g icing sugar (sifted)
- 45ml hot dairy-free coconut milk
- 1tsp vanilla essence
Serve the cake as an afternoon treat or add candles for a birthday celebration
- Heat oven to 180°C conventional, 160°C fan.
- Grease or line 2x7-inch tins.
- Mix flour, sugar, almond and cocoa in a bowl. Rub in the margarine until fully combined.
- Beat eggs with the milk in a jug and add the vanilla.
- Stir mixture well.
- Place mixture in prepared tins and cook for 25 mins. Remove and allow to cool.
- Make the milk chocolate topping by melting the margarine in a pan. In a bowl sift the icing sugar and stir in the cocoa. Pour the melted margarine in with the hot milk. Beat until smooth and glossy.
- When cold sandwich the cakes together and top with the milk chocolate topping.
- Decorate with strawberries, cherries or walnuts.
What do you think of this recipe? Leave us your comments, twists and handy tips.
Login with Facebook to save this recipe and start building your online Recipe Book
Login with Facebook