Spaghetti with chicken and green olives
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Have dinner on the table in 20 mins with this simple recipe. The olives and chilli give this pasta dish a deep warming flavour - an all round winner
- 320g spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 fresh chilli, finely diced
- 500f chicken breast, cut into 2cm cubes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 30 green olives, pitted and halved
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
Don't like green olives? You can always use black olives - or none at all!
- Fill a large stockpot with salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Add the pasta and stir often. Cook until al dente for 8-10 minutes, but check packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat, add the garlic and the chilli and cook for 1 minute.
- Season the chicken with salt and fresh black pepper and add it to the pan; cook it with the chilli and garlic for around 6 minutes. Now add the green olives.
- Drain the pasta into a colander, and place it in the saucepan and mix well. Add the lemon zest and juice and stir. Add the parsley and serve immediately.